- Save the ebook files we sent you to a convenient location on your computer. We recommend making a folder on your desktop and saving them there. We also recommend saving your ebook’s front cover image file there, too.
- Log into your KDP dashboard.
- Find the Create a New Title section and click the button for Kindle eBook.
- The Kindle eBook Details tab opens.
- Fill out the required information and optional information as desired, then click Save and Continue.
Uploading your epub file for KDP
- Click the Kindle eBook Content tab.
- In the Manuscript section, choose your preference for Digital Rights Management (we recommend choosing “No”).
- Click Upload eBook manuscript.
- A window opens allowing you to browse to files on your computer. Use the window to find the folder you created in Step 1 in Beginning steps above.
- Once there, click the ebook file for Amazon KDP (YourBook’sTitle_For_KDP.epub). The ebook file uploads and KDP processes it for publication.
Uploading your front cover
- While on the Kindle eBook Content tab, scroll down to the Kindle eBook Cover section.
- Click Upload your cover file.
- A window opens allowing you to browse to files on your computer. It should automatically open to the folder you created in Step 1 in Beginning steps above. If not, use the window to find where your cover image is saved.
- Click your front cover’s image file (it should be a .jpg or .png file). The cover file uploads and KDP processes it for publication.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save and Continue.
- Click the Kindle eBook Pricing tab.
- Fill out the required information and optional information as desired.
- Click Publish Your Kindle eBook.
If you’re still stuck…
We recommend asking a family member, friend, or neighbor to lend a hand. You can also try contacting KDP support to assist. Here’s how:
- At the top-right of the KDP dashboard, click Help.
- Scroll down. Find the Contact Us section on the lower left-hand side of the page. Click the Contact Us button.
- On the left-hand side of the page, choose Manage your books and series.
- Then click Enter book details and upload book content.
- In the How would you like to contact us? section, click Call us.
- Enter your contact information and click Request Call. Someone at KDP will contact you shortly. It’s usually within minutes, but actual results may vary.